We now are looking to recruit an IT Support individual for our ever growing business.
Established in 2003, Astrak has grown rapidly to become one of the market leaders in the supply of quality undercarriage parts and GET products for earth moving equipment.
With eight strategically located warehouses across Europe, Astrak is now supplying quality products to dealers and machine owners in over 25 countries. We understand that in today’s competitive marketplace stock availability and speed of delivery is paramount and our finely tuned logistics system ensures we have the parts you need, when you need them.
This role involves and provides 1st Line support to internal and external customers, assisting them with hardware and software problems via phone, email or face to face. This person will be customer focused and deliver solutions focused support to both onsite and remote workers.
We are looking for someone who has a natural interest in IT, is keen to learn and pick up new skills and can deal with a variety of tasks at any one time. This person will have the opportunity to grow and learn on a wide range of areas held within IT.
1st line response
- You will be responsible for all 1st line support regarding any IT issues that may be raised within the business.
- Provide technical support; answering support queries either face to face, via phone or email within service agreed times.
- Take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues
- Support users in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice
- Creating User accounts – new starts
- Documenting changes to user permissions
- To allocate more complex service issues to the relevant IT Support members
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors to resolve incidents
- Representing the Astrak Brand throughout all communications, both verbal and written
The following types of equipment will be required to be supported:
- Laptop Set Up
- Access Requests
- New User Set Up
- Tablets, mobile phones
- Hardware Replacement/fixes
There are many IT Software Applications that are run within the business and require to be administered and maintained by the IT Team. The following would be an example of certain duties that may be within this area:
- NetSuite Access Set up/Remove Users
- NetSuite Report Set Up
- NetSuite Dashboards
- 1st Line Support for any user issues
- Training and Support within the business for software
- Access Maintenance for Portatour
Skills, Knowledge & Education Requirements
- At least one years’ experience in working within an IT Department and/or Software
- Proven relevant 1st line/Helpdesk/service desk support experience is essential
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows desktop technologies, including using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office – including Android and iOs is essential
- Excellent collaboration and communication/interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service ethics and sense of urgency
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Willingness to learn, explore new ideas and innovate
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A proactive, flexible and adaptable
- Quick turnaround on instructions/requests with accuracy
- Ability to perform well in team environments, must be a team player
- Ability to deliver and coordinate projects within tight deadlines. General understanding of project management methodologies
- Enjoy working under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates and acts as a role model for the companies group values and behaviours
Please state your current salary with your salary expectations with your CV for application.
Our timelines: The salary on offer is dependent on your experience but within the ranges of £18,000 to £25,000 plus an attractive bonus with an overdrive potential. Please state your current salary on your application.
Closing date is Friday 29th November 2019 but we will review candidates ongoing and if successful we may choose to close this vacancy early.
- Bonus scheme
- On-site parking
- Discounted/free food
Experience: IT Support: 1 year (Preferred)
Education: GCSE or equivalent (Preferred)
All CV’s are to be sent to email@example.com