Have you just left college with a portfolio, experience of an internship/work placement and looking to break into the commercial business world?
If so, read on below as this may be the role for you.
Established in 2003, Astrak has grown rapidly to become one of the market leaders in the supply of quality undercarriage parts and GET products for earth moving equipment. With seven strategically located warehouses across Europe, Astrak is now supplying quality products to dealers and machine owners in over 25 countries. We understand that in today’s competitive marketplace stock availability and speed of delivery is paramount and our finely tuned logistics system ensures we have the parts you need, when you need them.
We now are looking to recruit a Junior Graphic Designer that will work alongside our highly experienced Graphic Designer.
This role involves carrying out a varied range of tasks to support our diverse marketing activities to deliver business growth and improve the customer experience. We are looking for someone that has a natural digital outlook on life and a keenness to stay ahead of trends and developments in this area.
You will have the opportunity to put your own ideas and creativity forward, whilst planning the appropriate methods to suit varied target markets.
- Marketing campaigns: You will assist in the production of high quality artwork for use across print and social media marketing campaigns while ensuring the brand is consistent across all channels. This will include creating finished artwork for internal and external facing communications and assisting in the design of exhibition stands. You will also be involved in the creation of design concepts for promotional material. Additionally, the role involves some website content management tasks.
- Social media marketing: Assist in developing a distinct online presence by attracting internet followers through social media channels such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
- Contributing to the engagement levels and brand awareness campaigns.
- Assist where required with the creation of social media visuals and video.
- Proofreading content and making changes where necessary
- Liaising with outside agencies
- Ensure consistency of “The Astrak Brand” across all marketing items in each country, managing all printed communications including brochures, magazine adverts, merchandise etc
- Exhibitions and trade show support
Skills & Knowledge & Education Requirements
- We are looking for a confident communicator, able to use your own initiative and with a good eye for detail.
- Educated to HNC/HND level or above.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload
- Produce finished creatives and artwork for production and/or placement by ensuring that all creative material is provided in correct format for publication including file preparation and outputprepress, and printing
- Working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator on a Mac OSX platform. Microsoft Office Suite and PowerPoint knowledge is essential.
- Familiarity with all social media, particularly LinkedIn, Twitter, Youtube and Facebook is preferred but not essential.
- Good knowledge of print and display production techniques would be an advantage.
- Experience with different content management systems such as WordPress, Shopify and Sharepoint is advantageous but not essential.
- Experience with Adobe Premiere and After Effects is advantageous but not essential.
- Experience in meeting relevant legal requirements such as accessibility standards, freedom of information and privacy would be an advantage.
- You must be flexible and adaptable.
- Photography/Videography experience would be an advantage.
Please submit your CV, portfolio of work, your current salary and salary expectations to Emma Mitchell, HR Manager email@example.com.
The closing date is Monday 14th October 2019 and shortlisting will be taking place on Tuesday 15th October 2019. If you are successful in your application, you will be invited onsite for an interview on Tuesday 22nd October 2019.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00 to £22,000.00 /year